April 21, 2012

Ch-ch-changes...suck.

Man, what's up with social media's fascination with NEWER!  BETTER! DIFFERENT!?  Facebook's always changing something, making even veteran users feel like newbies.  (I still hate that stupid side ticker.) 


Now Blogger's "upgrading" things too, with a new (more embedded, less intuitive) dashboard look.  I don't know about you, but whenever a social media change is announced, I stubbornly keep things the old way for as long as possible.  Because I don't like change unless I choose it!  All this does is delay the inevitable, but hey, it gives me more time to be the boss of me.  And that's always a good thing.

I can totally see why so many people prefer Wordpress over Blogger.  Wordpress has a bunch of cool features that Blogger doesn't.  I've remained with Blogger though, because when I tried Wordpress, it seemed like more work.  In my not-so-humble opinion, Wordpress's dashboard isn't as obvious or visually appealing as Blogger's WAS.  With the old Blogger dashboard, all the options were right there, side-by-side. 

Not anymore.


Now Blogger's dashboard is more like Wordpress's.  Which makes me think that maybe I should go ahead and make the switch. 

Have you switched blogging platforms?  Are you considering it?

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU! I haven't been blogging lately adn I opened it up and thought... "Wha...." I was confused and felt like an octogenarian trying to use their new Jitterbug phone.

    When I started my blog, I went to Wordpress because I knew about them (which is something since I was Hardly Ever Never in the blogosphere). I couldn't figure out how to do anything and tried blogger. I had a (fabulous) blog in like 8 minutes with everything just the way I wanted. Later, I thought I'd change it a bit. So, I took 2.6 minutes and did.

    In this New and Improved template, it took me like 15 minutes to figure out where the hell to put in the post title -- because, you know, rigth at the top of the post is too obvious and easy and must be changed to be in a netherworld up by the address bar.

    But, I persevere (:

    ReplyDelete