February 14, 2012

Valentyme's Day Linky Love

I like compliments as much as the next girl.  I have a small collection of favorites that I keep filed away in my brain under "Absolutely True Things That People Finally Realized About Me".  When I'm feeling low, it helps to remember those words.  One of my top 3 came from a friend during my college years.  Admittedly, it's one of those statements that could as easily be an insult as a compliment.  But since I was hot in college, I'm pretty sure it was legit.  Check it out:    

As is my wont, I was obsessing about my too-short haircut when a very perceptive friend with an eye for beauty said, "With a face like that, it doesn't matter what your hair looks like."  See what I mean?  It's possible she meant, "Girl, yo' face is so butt-ugly that your hair is the last thing you need to be worried about."  But I like to think she meant, "Vision o' beauty before me, doubteth not thy loveliness, for thy face is the fairest in the land and thy hair, the perfect frame."

Yeah.

Being recognized is always nice.  Like recently when my mom told me that my weight loss makes my boobs look bigger.  What a dear!  So imagine my delight when I discovered that one of my favorite humor bloggers mentioned little ol' me on her blog!  Total compliment. 

Although I'm all about shameless self-promotion here at Yeah, I said it., it's time to share the spotlight.  And the love.

1.  Oh Honestly, Erin cracks me up every time.  Every single ever-lovin' time, y'all!  As you know by now, I think sarcasm is a virtue, which means Erin is pretty much a saint.  And her son is God.  At least on Halloween.

2.  You Know What Mama is my favorite redheaded blogger.  Her cool factor is multiplied by 4 because her whole family has red hair.  (I'm a bit of a gingerophile.  But not in a creepy way.  For the most part...)  She's an excellent writer and a great satirist.  I love how real she is. 

Now I'm not a big one for politics.  (I know, I know...)  But this here's funny.  If political discourse was always this entertaining, I might just give a crap.  She should write a book!

3.  Grumpy Grateful Mom's blog has it all.  Self-deprecation, kid chaos, gratitude, and my personal fave, grumpiness.  She's all about sharing her struggles in a lighthearted way.  I'd totally be her friend in real life.

Who's your favorite funny blogger (besides moi, of course!)?

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to browse the linky list (now that I'm back from beyond).
    Missed you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, LOVE Erin! And Grumpy Grateful Mom! I'll definitely check out the others.

    Oh and I have a new picture for you to doodle. The ex had another run in with a skunk. Damn funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I've been having a crappy week and this just cheered me right up! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Totally flattered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just arrived back in the web after the Grand Vacation From Electronics 2012 and what a wonderful welcome it was to find my favorite blogger saying that I'm one of her favorite bloggers. Ah, it's good to be home (; Thank you Thank you! xo Mama

    ReplyDelete