April 15, 2011

Top 10 Most Annoying Things People Do (Part II)

Back again, folks, with more annoying things people do. (On a side note, making drawerings about annoying people has quite a therapeutic benefit.  Take note, Shrinky Dink!)

5.  When caseworkers/gatekeepers of services are rude/incompetent.


One of my absolute favorite parts of caregiving is all the paperwork involved.  I especially enjoy when I've spent weeks compiling required documents in order to gain access to some service that my grandma clearly qualifies for, yet the caseworker/receptionist person has neglected to do HER part, so I have to completely start over again with updated documentation.

I've been trying to get my grandma Advantage Waiver services (services designed to keep people out of nursing homes and in their own homes) through the Department of Human Services for a few months now.  Her incompetent caseworker has been completely unreachable by phone, and the few times I've received a letter from her, it has a deadline for required documents that will expire in like, two days.  If the paperwork isn't received by The Incredible Disappearing Caseworker by the deadline, the application is automatically denied and the case for services is closed.

It seems to me that the caseworker is setting it up so the application is denied before she ever has to go through the paperwork to verify everything.  Less work for her! 


4.  When people ramble on with guesses instead of just saying that they don't know the answer to my question.



This bothers me because it's a waste of time.  I don't know the answer, so I ask someone else.  If they don't know the answer, I want to move on and find someone who does.  I have no patience for listening to postulations and pontifications for what feels like an eternity.  So you don't know everything.  Let it GO!


3.  When people cuss in public.



My son was 5 when he learned the F-word in a checkout line at Walmart.  Interestingly, he heard it from another mother who happened to be cussing out her teenage daughter.  Now, as I've mentioned before, the grandmas in my family let choice words fly on a regular basis, so my son has heard 'em all by now.  (He is very rule-oriented, fortunately, so he doesn't say them himself.)  So perhaps it shouldn't bother me when people cuss in front of him any more.  But it does.  And it happens everywhere--movies, sleepovers, the mall, restaurants.  (Which reminds me again that I need to tell you about the Golden Corral Incident.)


2.  When people call me too early in the morning(!).



I am an inveterate night owl.  And I'm crabby in the morning if someone wakes me up before I'm ready.  This happens most mornings.  Usually it's a phone call from some doctor's office reminding me of an appointment (that I already have entered in the calender feature of my phone). 

Sometimes I want to stomp on my phone.

Sometimes I want to stomp on my doctor's office.

My husband thinks it's ridiculous that it bothers me to get a call before 10am.  He's all, "The REST of the world starts operating at 8.  Deal with it." 

He doesn't say this to me before 10am, however.


And the number one most annoying thing people do....


1.  When people are cruel to animals.



See, I don't even PLAY when it comes to animal abuse.  I don't keep quiet like I do in some of the other annoying situations.  I don't try to confuse the idiots with witty banter.  No, I create a physical barrier and face the bullies down.    

I have no problem being labeled The Pet Po-Po.

I don't like punks who throw rocks or poke sticks at dogs in fences.  I don't like people who harass (or watch while their kids harass) wildlife.  I think people who torture grasshoppers need to spend some time in an inpatient facility.

And there you have it.  A veritable guidebook on how not to get on my bad side. 

You're welcome.

7 comments:

  1. "postulations and pontifications "

    I have a huge crush on you now because you used these 2 words in one sentence in one singular post!!!

    A girl with knowledge and she knows how to use it!!! Lol!

    Love the pics by the way! Artistic abilities are awesome girlfriend!!!

    ::ducks for cover::
    I'm a morning person, totally been getting up at 5am to fix my man breakfast to take to eat on his way to work now that he is gainfully employed again (woot! woot!). It's currently 9:49am and I've done 3 loads of laundry, cleaned both bathrooms, worked out and am now catching up on blogging. Hehe...I LOVE mornings (and late nights too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creaqting drawerings is a right brained activity. Tones down the left brained neurosis. Therefore, relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The pics are great...and I totally agree with #4!!! But I am guilty of calling people early. I am an early bird and I often forget that other people are not :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Yeah, I totally had to look those words up, KT. :D

    I'll forgive you guys for being early birds. Just don't call me before brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I think I even love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep the phone on 'alarm only' until I am ready to answer it. I have too many teens that text me all hours, but most people know not to call in the morning anymore:)

    When my kids were a little younger, I was at the gym with them (I worked there) and a manager was on the phone with her boyfriend or something, and not only did she start cussing him out, but using quite the vivid details of what he'd been doing with so and so behind her back... I grabbed the kids (they would have been 6, 9, 10 & 12) and ran outside and called the store manager to tell her about it (there were not only kids in the area, but several customers) and as far as I know, she didn't even get reprimanded. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, you guys are so awesome! Thanks so much! (*SMOOCH* Joey Mechelle.)

    ReplyDelete